The following information is just one of the ways possible for the above task which I adopted on this website for older wordpress versions < 3.0.
I do not claim this to be either the best method and do not indicate this to a part of some standard process also. This is something that I did and see to be fairly easy to accomplish and wanted to share with my readers . I greatly admire the wordpress platform and love building further on the tenets of this platform which I would like to further explore and implement.
On the more newer versions of wordpress relocating specific posts onto separate pages may be more easier but on themes coded on older versions you may face some challenges as I did quite some months back.
So I used a plugin Page Links To by Mark Jaquith and little bit of coding in the theme files based on help of wordpress forums and reference from wordpress API documentation . This effort here is directed in collating all that.
1. First Create the new Post category say named “wordpress”.
2. Goto the categories page and open up this category. From your web browser url window now make a note of the category ID . The number which you see after the “&tag_ID=” in the image below
3. Now go and do quick edit of the posts you want to show together on this category page and mark them with this category.
4. Install the ‘Page Links To Plugin’ .The link to the plugin site and the author is provided in this post above.
5. Now create a new Page with desired name in my case say “WordPress” in the wordpres dashboard say :
6. In this page creation process scroll down where the ‘Page Links To’
A note here is that I would not instruct you on the checkbox of temporary redirect and leave that to your own assesment according to your SEO priorities.
Save the new page.
7. Now we need to remove the posts related to this category from the main posts page and that will need a minor code change in index.php.
find the line < ?php if (have_posts()) : ?> and add some code to make it look like
< ?php if (have_posts()) : query_posts($query_string .’&cat=-51′) ?>
Now 51 is the number that I obtained in step 2 above . In your case put the category ID that you got in step 2 above.
Save the changes.
8. Refresh your browser and go to this newly created page and you will see your desired posts here and in the main page of posts , you will see that these posts are not there.
This was an account of how I did it , looks comprehensive but it is not just that you have a screenshot for every step. Hope this helps and let me know all your feedback . I am sure there might be other ways to do this but this worked for me and is going good and hence I find it useful. I had the urge of sharing this with all and that is what I am doing here.
Thanks for reading .